'This is the equivalent of an 'internal shower'. As the spring freshness born of the heavy rains and vast masses of melting snows on mountains in the hinterlands cause rivers to swell and rush turbulently onward to the sea, so too will your blood flow with renewed vigour.'
There is an incredible 'energy dance' going on right now inside your body.
For thousands of years ancient religions and cultures have described the various forms of the energy:
the Chinese call it Qi or Chi;
the Indians and Tibetans refer to it as Prana;
modern science refers to the energy fields all around us as 'subtle energies';
The Beach Boys called it 'Good Vibrations'.
At ENERGYBODi, we celebrate the senses, the body and the world around us.
We build friendships and a sense of belonging.
Moving Energy Mindfully
BODi DANCE Class Schedule
and Saturday 10am
Included in your MULTI-PASS!
Join Lynette in this wonderful new routine!
The focus of the Dragon dance is the foundation, connecting to Earth and the power of Earth’s gravitational force. The intent is to sense body weight shifting and balancing along the smile line as well as down the legs.
Unique to the DRAGON routine is the attention to the Martial Arts, with dancing stances and slow movements increasing in tempo. Allow yourself to let go and use the unique dragon imagery and Asian visuals to take you on a mystical journey.
Saturday mornings at 10am
BODi DANCE with Jo Davidson
Included in your Multi-Pass
NEW Routine ' Wonderful Life!'
Let's celebrate the coming of Spring!
Let's dance the energy of renewal, celebrate life!
Let's move our bodies in ways it loves to move; to music we love to move to!
Why not generate & express Spring's freshness?
Every Saturday morning from Feb 25th
for 7 weeks!
BODi Dance -ZENERGi with Heather
Mondays 6pm, Tuesday and Fridays 11am.
How is BODi DANCE different from other dance fitness?
- Movement and music variety -
between pulsing strong rhythms to flowing, spiraling and graceful
gestures. Music ranges from Celtic, New Age, Samba, Classical,
Electronic Dance, Afrobeat, Ambient, Lounge and Folk, and much more.
- The detail of alignment in healthy joint movement, built on decades of functional fitness knowledge.
- Adaptability- Every body, however, out of shape and uncoordinated, or supremely athletic and at the peak of fitness, all in one class. YOU can benefit too.
- Sensory awareness - learn to fine tune your senses and listen to feedback from the body; for alignment, for adjustment, for bringing you into the present moment and for more comfort and pleasure in your body.
- Learn the secrets of mindfulness.
- Move and generate ‘Chi’ and set your focus and intention set at the beginning of each session.
- The 8 keys to fitness, Flexibility, Agility, Mobility, Stability, Strength, Pandiculation, Surrender and Support are incorporated into the whole session.
- We integrate the whole body seamlessly to soothe the nervous system, while challenging co-ordination to build healthy neuro-pathways, breaking habits - a major factor in keeping young.
- Maintaining a focus throughout class and how this can help us in every day life.
One of our clients says:
'' I have a busy, analytical, always forward planning brain that ENERGYBODi DANCE just switches off now, almost instantly. I feel more flexible, but more importantly, each time I visit I feel more soothed and balanced.
"In a recent job interview, I quoted ENERGYBODi as my anchor point to happily managing a hectic lifestyle. ENERGYBODi DANCE should be widely available as health promotion, prevention and restorer!!!''
(Scroll down to read more testimonals from our clients)
Is ENERGYBODi Dance for you?
- Are you wanting to get fit - cardio vascular, heart and lungs, and tone your body?
- Do you want an energetic workout that soothes and rejuvenates you softly but with sustaining power?
- Are you looking for a workout that feels more like playfulness than a 'workout' and feels pleasurable? Do you dislike aerobics?
- Do you want to move, not just up, down, in and out but in circles and spirals, finding energy in its natural flow?
- Do you need to look after your knees, your joints, your back?
- Do you need to manage your energy levels?
- Want to know every step is about moving with alignment for joint health with a full range of movement for a strong, supple and yet sensuous body?
- Do you want to feel uplifted in your moods and learn how to bring balance mentally and emotionally into your life?
- Is socialising and making new friends and having a place to come and belong part of getting fit?
- Do you enjoy learning more about how an exercise works and learning about your body so you get even more out of your classes?
- Are you interested in Personal Development to bring more confidence, assertiveness, understanding, compassion, purpose to your life?
- Do you have an interest in chakras, energywork, holistic health, colour therapy, postural alignment?
- Do you love kicking off your shoes at home and dancing around the living room?
- Are you aged between 18-80?
ENERGYBODi Dance is waiting for you!
Who Comes To Classes?
PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU!
The magic is in its all inclusiveness. Regardless of age, fitness and ability, there is always something to learn and improved health and fitness for ALL.
What class members have to say....
"I just wanted to let you know about our dance classes and that I often arrive feeling stressed or anxious but, without fail, I leave feeling better. It isn't just an exercise class, it's much more than that and I think it should be available on prescription!" Margaret Dempsey.
"I love it here at ENERGYBODi. I have only been coming for a short time but feel it has made a huge difference to me. I feel that it makes me think differently about life. I think more positively and pay attention to the little things in life. My partner comes with me too and it is something we share together," Natasha.
Here is a poem about BODi Dance, written by one of our very own ENERGYBODies, Julie Waters.
Zenergybodi, my favourite place
Self discovery, self love,
An endless smile on my face
Surrender, peace, letting go
Dancing, spiralling, flowing
A loss of ego
Harmony, peace, love & support
Exercise and fitness
Who'd have thought
A sacred space, to expand
to open your heart
Let emotions flow
To release stress,
confusion and strife
To bond, share, feel joy
To celebrate life
Thank you, Julie
We look forward to meeting you!